Search
arabic
deutch
Search etvtc:
Main Menu
 
 
HISTORY

 

 

History of the Place

 

The History of this place goes back to 1982. It was built by the Episcopal Church in Jerusalem and the middle East and supervised by Rev. Audeh Rantisi, the founder of the Evangelical Home for Boys. The Home used to serve a big number of Boys from different areas of Palestine for many years. In the late nineties the number of boys declined due to the closures in the Westbank during the first Intidada and the Home was closed after moving the rest of the boys to the girls home on the premises of the Evangelical School across the street.

In the year 2001 and after many years of closing the place, the Church of Jerusalem decided to reopen the building with the vision of having a multipurpose center in different fields of vocational training and technological education. Since then, the Episcopal Technological and Vocational Training Center is working on developing the programs.


History of Ramallah

 

Ramallah is located in the hilly region of central Palestine, 16 kilometers north of Jerusalem. Built on an altitude of 900 meters above the sea level, Ramallah enjoys a temperate climate. Ramallah's weather in the summer could rise at mid-day to 32 or 35C. (90 to 95F.), and in the winter season to drop to a low of -1 to 2C. (30 or 35F.) However for the most part the climate is unusually temperate. It does not rain in Ramallah for at least half of the year, as is the case throughout Palestine. It rains only during the winter season, from about November till the end of April. Snow is unusual; however it generally snows once a year, but does not last long.
Ramallah under the Jordanian rule from 1948-67, was known as "The Bride of Palestine" for its climate. It was a favorite summer resort for Arabs from as far away as Kuwait, Iraq, and Saudia Arabia.
Ramallah's history can be traced back to its fore-fathers who settled Ramallah because each one of them became the head of a clan. From that first link in the family trees, we can go back another six or eight generations. The links between are lost since the Greek Orthodox Church had not kept records of baptisms, marriages, and death. However, by 1857, when the Latin Church first came to Ramallah, records were kept. All other religious denominations followed thereafter.
Ramallah became an agricultural village of the Greek Orthodox faith. As time went, on Ramallah became a prosperous town and attracted other families who joined the town's original settlers. The influx began about 1750 and increased as the years passed.
The present city of Ramallah has about 97 villages around, making its population exceed 222000 inhabitance.
Modern Ramallah is becoming one of the most important cities in Palestine with its governmental and nongovernmental institutions, ministries, museums, art galleries, restaurants and hotels. Ramallah is considered to be a fastest growing town in Palestine.
 

NEWS & ACTIVITIES
Links
Designed & Managed by Inspire Soft Ltd. Privacy Policy | Terms & Condition

THE EPISCOPAL TECHNOLOGY & VOCATIONAL TRAINING CENTER - RAMALLAH
THE EPISCOPAL CHURCH IN JERUSALEM & THE MIDDLE EAST
© Copyrights 1994 2019